Twisted Thicket Island
A quiet seaside village has been attacked by mysterious beings that dwell nearby. You are chosen to enter the dark woods and confront the creatures. But beyond the forest's edge lies a world of magic and danger, where the only thing more twisted than the tree trunks is the truth.
Poptropica Cheats for Twisted Thicket Island
Gaah! That is one dangerous road work sign you landed on! Hop off and walk right, examining Main Street. Talk to the first lady. Huh, it looks like their town is being attacked by... monsters? Talk to the boy next to her. He claims to have seen a goblin. Something's fishy here! Continue on right, past the "Construction Ahead" sign. It's a hard hat area, but you won't need one because the arrival of the strange creatures has suspended the construction, according to the first worker. Talk to the second dude and he will offer you the job of venturing into the woods and figuring out the mysterious creatures. Take the job, then continue right. You can climb up the ladder to talk to the other construction worker. Keep going right as far as you can go, to the building next to the Dumpster. Jump atop the Dumpster (yeccch...) and jump into the trash chute. Jump your way up, then jump right and talk to the worker there. Keep going and slid down the rope. Go left, and down the stairs. Then go right, out the door, and into the woods.
Ooh, creepy! Go right and snatch the blue glowing acorn, the Lesovyk Rune. Then run right to avoid the dryads trying to clump to you and take you away. If you move your mouse quickly over them, you can scare some away. The key is to keep moving. To get over the huge tree, though, you have to let a few of them catch you -- only about three or four. This will let you jump higher, over the tree. Now run like crazy to the right. Jump from platform to platform, all the way to the end. If you get stuck between platforms, then keep jumping around to keep the dryads from snatching you. If you are fast enough, they fly away and clump together, then dive towards you again. Jump when this happens. Eventually, you'll get enough lift to jump over the next platform. Click GO RIGHT at the end. This part is ridiculously tough, so keep trying!
Finally, after you're done with that, climb up the branches, then go left. Go to the end of the branch you're on, then jump left to the next one. Watch out for the little green vine cutter elves! They're at the top of vines and look a lot like leaves, so it's hard to locate them. Be careful not to fall; you can use the vines to help. Get to the bottom part of this branch and jump to the leftmost vine. Climb to the top and slide left onto the next one. Climp all the way up, slide off left, climp the next vine, and slide off right. Drop down to the right. Grab the blue glowing branch: it's the Kobold Rune. Jump up to the vine, make your way right by sliding through them, and go right.
Whew! Safe! Now jump onto one of the vines and slide up. Oh no, the elves have followed you! When you spot a vine-cutter, slide to another one before they cut that part of the vine. Don't worry, you'll be able to come back to that one later. Be careful, they can also climb up a vine! You can tell they are near because the vine you're on will start wobbling. Make your way to the top like this. Then click GO UP. Don't sweat, this part is the easiest of the island.
Ah, what a nice place to rest! No one will find you up here. Just start leisurely walking to the right... AAAH! More dryads! These ones will sting you instead of clumping to you. You can only take three stings, so be careful! Run right, avoiding getting stung as much as possible. There are four formations that they make over and over again:
Done? Now click GO RIGHT.
- Small circle The dryads make two small circle shapes before coming at you in a line. This one is the easiest; just jump over it before they stop the circle.
- Loop-de-loop The dryads come from above and make a loop in the air in front of you; then they turn around and charge at you in a line. It's confusing, but just make sure to duck when you identify this formation.
- Giant Circle The dryads make two huge half-circles in the air. You have to slip into the circle when one half-circle has gone below and slip out of the circle after the other half-circle has flown above.
- Half-Wheel The dryads make medium-sized half circles in front of you, and with each new one they come a bit closer. This one's kind of hard to discern from the Giant Circle, but it's much more dangerous. You can slip in between them and the out again like for the Giant Circle, but I recommend that you jump over them. But time your jump very closely!
Done? Now click GO RIGHT.
Whoa! That's one huge troll! He'll grab a huge boulder and chuck it at you. Make your way towards him, avoiding the boulders. Wait until he throws one, then duck very close to him. That way, the boulder will fly above you. Jump on his back, then jump left, to the platform above you. Run left and repeat the same thing three more times. Be careful, if you don't time your jump right, you'll fall back to the second platform. On the fourth one, the troll will not be able to lift the rock and knock himself unconscious. Jump on the boulder he's carrying, then jump right. Keep going and grab the Jotunn Rune. Then click GO RIGHT.
Gaah! What is that creature? He's a Nokken. He'll turn invisible and the only way to know where he is are his footsteps. Go right, and stay away from the glowing red paw-prints. That's the invisible Nokken, if he gets you he'll throw you up into the air! Remember, the Nokken can't go underwater, and that he has to get to the end of the platform he's on to go to another one. If you're underwater, stay away from the green spikes. At the end, past the giant lake, grab the Nackrosor Rune. Then go across the bridge and click EXIT.
Ah, looks safe enough... AAAH! You're being chased by goblins with spears! Run right as fast as you can, staying away from anything sharp. You can't go past the mushrooms, you have to jump over them... believe me, I learned this the hard way. Jump over everything in your path, and then jump to the glowing blue Dokkalfar Rune. You'll collect it and be pulled away from the goblins, which will all plunge into the valley. Then you'll fall into a jungle area.
Ooh, looks creepy! Don't worry, it's not. Walk right, and look for mysteriously shaped holes in the Sacred Tree. Click on these, and you will automatically place the correct rune there. They're fairly easy to find, just jump onto the platforms on the tree and follow their path. Here's the catch: you have to place them in the correct order. Here it is:
- Lesovyk Rune (the acorn)
- Kobold Rune (leafy branch)
- Jotunn Rune (plain tree)
- Nackrosor Rune (bushy tree)
- Dokkalfar Rune (tree stump)
Looks nice... oh, no! It's all the monsters you've encountered all in one place! This is creepy... The Queen will tell you you're the first to venture so far into the enchanted woods. Gee, thanks... go deeper into the tree now and talk to the Queen. She'll tell you that she's the Elf Queen, and this tree is the last refuge of the magical elementals. The humans forced her and her creatures here with their wrecking balls and chainsaws and bulldozers. The glowing orb must also be protected. Whew, that's a lot! Wait, what's happening?
Oh no! It's the building developer! His men will destroy the orb and grab a piece for themselves. Then they'll plot to destroy the whole forest, which they now know how to do, thanks to you. Everyone there will turn into stone, and you'll get a magical amulet. Then you're out of the forest to confront the builders. You have to somehow stop them before they reach the forest! Put on the amulet. Now you'll be able to turn into a dryad to fly, a goblin to go fast, and a troll to get superhuman strength! This is awesome! First, turn into a goblin and rush towards the construction convoy. You'll see a mini-map on the bottom of the screen showing the forest, the construction convoy, and you. You'll be amazed at how fast you are!
Jump onto the first construction vehicle and turn into a troll. Jump to the crane at the top and push as hard as you can on it. It'll tilt forward. Then turn into a dryad and fly to the top of the crane. Then push the lever to drop the wrecking ball. CRASH! It'll smash the vehicle in front of you. Turn back into a troll and drop onto the bulldozer ahead of you. Pick up the wrecking ball by clicking on it. You'll heave it to the dump truck in front of you. Turn into a goblin to catch up to the dump truck and into a dryad to fly on top of tthe fuse box. Now turn into a troll to smash the fuse box to pieces! All of the construction vehicles will crash to a stop and the big boss will fall out. He'll apologize and give you back some of the shards of the magic orb. Take them back to the Elf Queen. Part of the orb will be rebuilt and all the creatures will wake up. Congratulations! You've successfully protected the magic of the forest from the construction workers! But there's more...
Members-only Magic Recollection Quest
Oh, no! The Queen seems to be fading... It seems that when those goons shattered the orb, it's essence escaped into the forest! You need to find the missing pieces before it's too late, or all the elementals will turn to stone again! Snatch the amulet, put it on, and be on your way. Go all the way right and click EXIT to leave the tree. You'll find yourself in the Ancient Tunnels, which can send you anywhere in the forest. Sweet, eh?
- Bioluminescent Bog Run right and turn into a goblin. Race right, breaking the spiderwebs. Then enter the bog. Swim up and grab onto the vine. Slide up and slide off left. Drop down and go through the doors. Turn into a goblin and race left, breaking through all the ladders. At the end, turn into a dryad and fly up. Grab the shard and make your way back to the tunnel. One down, four more to go.
- Goblin Pursuit Walk left and turn into a dryad when you reach the brown rock. Fly up and enter the Goblin Pursuit. Run past the spiky statue, to the the stone ram. Get behind it and turn into a troll. Now shove it towards the spiky statue. It'll collapse. Climb on top of the stone ram and jump up again and again, until the shard falls from the trees. Grab it and head back to the tunnels. Three more to go!
- Troll Hill Drop down to the brown rock, then jump up left and keep going. Jump up right at the end and turn into a troll to shove the huge boulder aside. That was easy! Go through and run all the way left, without falling. Turn into a dryad and fly up to the thorny vines (make sure not to touch them!) Fly right, through the thorny vines. Then fly up, then left. Turn into a troll and shove the boulder aside to reveal the third piece. Head back to the tunnels.
- Dryad Hollow Run right and turn into a goblin to speed right, past the cobweb. Then enter the hole there. Turn into a dryad and fly all the way to the right, waking up the dryads. They're harmless this time. At the end of the room, fly up and land on the platform to the left. Turn into a goblin and speed to the left. You'll be going so fast, you won't fall through the gaps made by the loose rocks. Grab the fourth shard at the end. Then fly back to the tunnels. Only one more left!
- Elven Vines Walk left, to the brown rock and fly up by turning into a dryad. Run right and slither up the vines. Enter the hole, and you'll find yourself in the Elven Vines. Don't worry, all the elves are gone. Now put on your Dryad Power! Fly as far left as you can go, then fly to the very top. Fly right and grab the shard. Then get back to the tunnel entrance. That's the last one!